Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Make Obsession Fruitful-

My last blog I talked about releasing my e-book and how awesome I felt. I've gotten some small reward now, hearing from one reader how much he enjoyed certain parts, and he was kind enough to also give me a few to-be-incorporated tips on zipline mechanics. We also discussed the carrying capacity of the Golden Eagle (it was carrying rope, not coconuts).

But mostly it involves me checking how it's selling (slowly, and to folks I know mostly) once a day. I could check more often, but that's sort of like watching the water not boil. I've also spent a little time googling the book, and this is clearly a waste of time- so I've been searching for ways to make all the time I spend obsessing about how many folks are getting a look at the adventure actually work.

Along the way, I've discovered some things. First, there are these amazing and voracious readers who read self-published ebooks and review them all over this vast internets of ours. Many of them have received complimentary copies of "Illumen's Children". Lucky folks, I know. Second, people make little teaser/preview videos for their books. This is crazy. I mean, I read reviews, and mostly listen to friends to find out what I should read. By the way, friends, have I got a recommendation for you!

Anyway, I'm going to continue trolling these interwebs for reviewers, but I'm going to make a preview video. Or try. I'll post it here at some point. Yoda said do or do not, there is no try. 

A picture from the novel (not actually in it- that's for later)


No comments: